Dance Etiquette and Guidelines
Navigating UpTop Dance School
UpTop Dance School Rules
If you have any other questions don’t hesitate to contact us.
Remuneration and fees
• Fees cover one full term ( 12 weeks ) . Students joining after the term started will pay a pro rata price based on the remaining weeks in the period . All term and holiday dates are stated on our website www.uptopdance.com at the start of every term.
• The School should receive fees by the date shown on the invoice.
• Payment will be accepted by cash or online payment link. • An email with an invoice will be sent containing all payment details.
• Our dance school cannot offer refunds on subscriptions. Fees will only be reimbursed if a student has to leave for medical purposes, a Doctor’s letter will be required in these circumstances.
• Without a valid subscription a student cannot attend the dance lesson.
• Parents are required to purchase the children’s costume for special performances or competitions.
Classes and attendance
• Attendance is important in order to receive the best dance education possible.
• Please inform your child’s instructor when a class will be missed.
• If a class is missed, a make-up can be scheduled in a different class. Please speak with your child’s instructor to decide which class would be best for your child and schedule the class accordingly.
• Students should arrive to class at least 10 minutes early in order to prepare for class.
• Children leaving with an adult other than a parent/guardian must inform the teacher at drop off.
• Collection: Pupils may not leave the class until collected by a Parent/Carer. Continued late collection may result in the pupil’s place being withdrawn.
• UpTop Dance School reserves the right to end a student’s attendance at the school for reasons such as non-payment of fees or unacceptable behaviour.
• Parents are not allowed to wait inside the dance room during the lesson.
• UpTop Dance has a zero tolerance bullying policy. Students are expected to behave in an orderly, civilised and well-mannered way and to show respect to their teachers when attending UpTop Dance School. Students should also show respect to other students in their class. Failure to comply with the rules and regulations may result in withdrawal from the Dance School.
• Students should make sure that they keep their valuable personal items with them at all times.
• Students must respect the building and property where the classes are taking place.
• Selected music for class and performance pieces will always be clean and age appropriate.
• No food or chewing gum is allowed inside the dance studio.
• Water breaks will be given by the instructor.
Photography and Video
• Throughout our dance classes and performances, we will be taking photos and videos intended for educational and promotional use. By having your child participate in our dance classes, you are providing UpTop Dance with your consent to utilize any images or videos featuring your child.
• If a parent wishes to photograph or film classes, they may do so just with the permission of the teacher.
• Feature videos from the dance lessons are going to be sent to students’ parents via WhatsApp for home practicing purposes.
• If any parent does not wish images or videos to be taken of their child then please contact us via email at email@example.com .